Marketing Assistant Job Description
We’re looking for an ambitious, self-disciplined and organised candidate willing to get stuck into the world of specialty coffee. Your primary role will be to support several of the company’s key marketing initiatives and assist the marketing manager in building awareness of the brand and achieving core KPIs related to traffic and sales, as the company goes through an important period of growth.
While this will be a varied role touching on many different areas of marketing (both online and offline), there will be a heavy focus on social media (organic and paid) and project management of SEO and content marketing tasks for our ecommerce website.
This job is well suited to those with a broad set of skills. You’ll need to be competent handling both technical marketing processes (research, data analysis, reporting, scheduling etc.) and creative activities (creating posts, designing flyers etc.), in addition to more people-facing roles, such as coordinating with our team of roasters and baristas, building relationships with potential wholesale partners, or gathering social content on-site in one of our lively London shops.
The Hermanos brand has a strong and growing reputation in London’s specialty coffee scene and is known for sourcing the very best single origin beans directly from Colombian farmers. We believe in promoting the traceability of coffee and respecting how complex coffee really is as an agricultural product.
To an extent, there is sensitivity around how we protect this brand image but also plenty of room for new ideas, campaigns, events and initiatives to help us better communicate the great things we’re doing to new audiences.
- Plan and create content for social channels including written posts, simple graphics, animations, photography, and videos (e.g. IG stories)
- Schedule social content each month according to our marketing calendar and user interests and behaviours
- Actively engage with social media communities based on a predefined strategy (e.g. DMs or comments)
- Support influencer marketing activities by identifying potential partners and reaching out with offers and deals
- Monitor activities of competitors and perform market research of industry to help inform Hermanos’ strategy and brand positioning
- Come up with deals and promotions to attract new customers and develop content to promote these offers, such as digital flyers, infographics, animations, videos etc.
- Proofread and edit content for the Hermanos blog as well as assist with the upload of articles onto Shopify platform
- Maintain product pages and perform changes to listings where necessary (images, uploading new products, refreshing the homepage visuals etc.)
- Support website SEO processes such as optimising pages
- Assist as we plan and hold various coffee-related events such as tastings, tours or social events
We’re looking for individuals with some experience using key marketing and sales tools, but training can be given to supplement existing strengths.
- Facebook Ads Manager
- Adobe (photoshop) or free photo editing software
Opportunities for Development
This is a great opportunity for junior marketers to gain experience in an incredibly exciting industry. Full of creative and passionate people, there’s a good “energy” in the specialty coffee sector and this could be a perfect entry point for individuals looking to invest in a marketing career within the UK food and beverage industry.
- A junior level position with potential to grow
- Semi-remote (work at home permitted in addition to 2days/week at one of our London shops)
- 1/2 years industry experience
- Training given
If you wish to join our team of Colombian coffee lovers and are interested in helping us grow, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com using the subject line 'Marketing Job Application'.